Friday, March 6, 2015

Last call for the Philadelphia Flower Show

We're headed into the final weekend of the 2015 Philadelphia Flower Show - the 8th largest flower show in the world, I hear. The weather this week really disrupted things, so I bet the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia will be jam packed. Here's a couple pictures I took during one of the snowy days we had. Happy Spring!








I like Disney/Pixar, and everything, but with the movie theme the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society was going with, I expected a broader cinematic representation.
The miniature dioramas of movie scenery were so popular that my wife and I couldn't get much of a view, except in passing. Too bad going on a weekday wasn't an option.
From what I hear, the Flower Show marketplace has gotten noticeably larger. Linger in that part of the convention center at your own risk because some of the vendors get kind of aggressive.
And bring extra cash because the Gene London display of Hollywood clothing and "The Butterfly Experience" will cost you extra. The food's pricey too.
A pleasant surprise is the variety in the Pennsylvania Fine Wine & Good Spirits tasting area. It's a lot more than just wine.
The show runs till 9 p.m. tonight and Saturday the 7th, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday the 8th. Get tickets here. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment