Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Morrissey WHO?! Johnny Marr kicking butt and taking names

You may know that Smiths guitar wizard Johnny Marr has released two solo albums in recent years, but did you know he has a cover of Depeche Mode's "I Feel You" coming out on Record Store Day April 18? Yay! Johnny sings, adding some muscle to this tune.



I was hoping he'd play one of his signature solos in this recording, perhaps something like the short one he plays on Noel Gallagher's new song "Ballad of the Mighty I." About the only reason I would willingly listen to anything by those self-important snots from Oasis would be something like the jangle you hear 4:45 into this song.



AND a 2016 release date has been set for Marr's autobiography.

For good measure, here's my favorite of his outside of The Smiths, alongside of New Order singer Bernard Sumner. Jangle, crisp acoustic guitar rhythm and a wailing solo right out of The Smiths' heyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment